Friday, July 12, 2013

Scavengers MC

This photo was taken in our back yard in 1979 in Whittier, Ca. I was 3. I have some blurry memories of my dad starting his motorcycle in the morning to go to work and all the neighborhood kids would come watch and listen to him take off. I never saw my Dad on a motorcycle again until the late 90's.
From my understanding the motorcycle scene was not like it is today. There was lots of real violent shit was happening and the goodtimes of the 60's and 70's were gone.
 This photo is my Dad at a run to Kern River. Pretty sure this is 1976(the year I was born) and the same year they put there patches on.
My Uncle Dennis and friend. Dennis was one of the founding members of the Scavengers MC and a very tough character. Not one to be trifled with from the stories I here from my older cousins. He is dead now from health complications after being in and out of prison most of his life. He always scared me as a little kid.
These pictures and stories are hard for me to acquire as nobody involved in this time romanticizes what was going on. It wasn't some chopper paradise. It was a sketchy time to be club member and only the gnarliest dudes made it out. Most didn't. So I will post more when I get more.
Deathtraps Forever